Bringing balance back to your body and improving your overall health is how acupuncture can improve your fertility. Think of it from your body’s perspective. If you’re tired, run down, your menstrual cycles are irregular, your hormones are out of balance, stress levels are high, and you’re eating poorly…. you’re not really setting up an ideal environment to conceive, right?
There’s a few things that begin to improve the first month that you receive acupuncture at The Acupuncture Studio. All of these things contribute to an improvement with your overall health and can improve your fertility.
1. Digestion – many of our patients don’t realize how off their digestive system is, until it begins to correct itself. Signs that it isn’t working optimally include gas, bloating, distended belly or abdomen, heart burn, incomplete bowel movements, loose stools, not having a bowel movement daily, fatigue after meals, and craving sugar in the afternoon.
2. Sleep – most of my patients are not sleeping enough when we first start working together. And sometimes this is because they aren’t sleeping well. Acupuncture helps balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems and lowers stress levels. This helps improve your sleep.
3. Energy – once digestion is more efficient and you’re sleeping better your energy levels improve! Crazy, right? Since acupuncture lowers cortisol levels, it continues to contribute to improved energy levels.
These 3 things are what I like to call the “First Month Side Benefits of Acupuncture”. Once these 3 things begin to improve we start to see hormones coming into balance. Signs that your hormones are more balanced include:
1. Women: regular menstrual cycles, consistent ovulation, no spotting with your period, no cramping or pain with your period, no hot flashes or night sweats, and increased libido.
2. Men: increased energy, increased libido, and a decrease in erectile dysfunction (ED).
As you can see, acupuncture treats a lot of underlying issues and symptoms. When these symptoms improve, or dissipate it means your hormones are becoming more balanced and your body is working more efficiently. By improving your overall health, we are able to improve your reproductive health, which is how acupuncture improves your fertility.
If you’re ready to see an acupuncturist that specializes in reproductive health and live in the Austin or San Antonio area, reach out to the Acupuncture Studio. Our practitioners have a combined experience of 12 years in the reproductive acupuncture field and are never too busy to help you or someone you care about improve your health. You can book an appointment here or give us a call at (210) 802-8805.
--Post by Misty Reed, L.Ac., FABORM
Acupuncture Studio Blog