When trying to conceive, it’s important to be as healthy as possible, but in our ultra busy, fast paced lives, this is sometimes difficult to achieve. The consequences of poor dietary choices combined with the chemicals that plague our lives via plastics/pesticides/food additives/hormones in conventionally raised meat animals can be detrimental to our bodies. Specifically to our endocrine system, which has direct influence on our reproductive systems, and so I recommend a monthly detox protocol. We don’t want to actively detox when trying to conceive for several reasons. We don’t want unnecessary free flowing toxins in the system around ovulation or implantation, and definitely not when possibly pregnant. So during our monthly period is a great way to safely do a 4-5 day detox.
- The foundation of the protocol is an antioxidant rich Liver/Gallbladder cleanse with plenty of powerhouse amino acids by Designs for Health. This is taken instead of your prenatal for 4-5 days, and then you switch back to your prenatal on CD5.
- Go as plant based as possible during the detox, limiting animal proteins in favor of tofu, beans, quinoa, lentils, seeds, spirulina, and nuts.
- Eliminate sugar, gluten, dairy and alcohol for the duration of the cleanse.
- Start your morning with lemon water or 1TB of apple cider vinegar in 8oz water. Do this before your morning tea or breakfast
- Do castor oil packs over your liver (right side at the bottom of your ribcage) and your uterus.
- Do an infrared sauna session.